Jim Marsh, CPA
Jim Marsh has been an accountant for over forty years. Jim is a lifelong area native of the Valley and a proud graduate of the Williamson School of Business at Youngstown State University. He has been heavily involved in the Mahoning Valley his entire life and has established an annual scholarship awarded to a Hubbard High School graduate who will be attending the business school at YSU.
Specializing in accounting for the construction and manufacturing industries, Jim is able to recognize potential problems and propose positive solutions exclusive to those industries. Jim, who has restored numerous historic buildings in Hubbard, Fowler, and Brookfield, feels that his expertise in restoration also benefits his clients who are in the construction business. He has restored over 40 homes and buildings, earning him prestigious awards and honors in Hubbard, Trumbull County, and Key West, Florida.
Jim has conducted and participated in business seminars at the national, state, and local levels and annually attends the AICPA’s National Small Firms Conference held throughout the United States. Jim is routinely asked to speak at functions of various organizations. A number of non-profit organizations, including the Red Cross, Campfire Council, and Private Industry Council have used the services of Jim Marsh on a pro bono basis.
Outside the office, Jim, a licensed commercial pilot, loves to spend time flying with his wife, Nancy, and daughters, Katie and Lannie. He also enjoys collecting and restoring antique gas pumps and has built an old-fashioned, 1939 style garage to display them.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Youngstown State University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants Practice (MAP Committee)
- Home Builders Association
- Mahoning County Builders and Trades Association
- Hubbard, Youngstown-Warren and Shenango Chambers of Commerce